Monday 20 August 2012

Free survey using Google Docs

http://www.workhappy.net/2009/05/using-google-docs-to-make-a-survey.html


Using Google Docs to make a survey

May 18, 2009 in Hosted "Office"Tips
google-docs-survey-exampleDid you know you can make a free, and rich survey or poll using Google Docs? It’s simple to set up, and as a bonus it drops all your results into a spreadsheet where you can slice/dice/analyze/chart/graph or whatever.
To create a survey, inside Google Docs go to New then click onForm as shown at right.
Go through and create your questions, set the response type (multiple choice, checkbox, text, drop down, etc.) where you’ll enter in the possible answers and if the question is required or not.
When you’re done, select a theme (the look of your survey) and save it and a link to your survey will appear at the bottom of your screen. You can then copy/paste that link into your website, Twitter or whatever to publicize your survey. You can also embed the survey right on your site if you wish.
The results are then fed into a spreadsheet that you’ll find in your Google Docs document area.
Here’s an example I whipped up for this post. Enjoy!
Carson, I knew this could be done, but I did NOT realize we could change the look of the form. I love this tip. Thanks.
Posted by: Andrew Warner | May 18, 2009 2:06:58 PM
Thanks for sharing this. I wasn't aware that Google even had Documents as a option and will try this today!
Awesome!
Posted by: Jennifer | May 19, 2009 10:54:16 AM
Fantastic Tip! They made it very easy now... I feel sorry for the form app companies, even through Google Forms can't do it all like payments, file uploads, it can sure help one out of a jam!
Posted by: Gianni D | May 19, 2009 6:12:00 PM
Great information! Thank you. I can see how useful this method is when you're already using Google Docs and Spreadsheets.
Posted by: Kara Hiltz | May 20, 2009 10:35:31 AM
I love Google Docs but have never used it to make a survey. I have always used Survey Monkey but look forward to doing it through Google next time! Thanks for the info.
Posted by: Leigh Anne Wilkes | May 27, 2009 7:08:35 PM
I just love Google docs. I have been using the form builder for the interviews on my blog and it works great. I love that you can embed the form into your own website too.
Posted by: Stephanie | May 28, 2009 10:17:27 AM
Hey that's pretty cool. Found your site through StumbleUpon. I tweeted your article.
Thanks.
Posted by: John Hoff - WpBlogHost | Jun 2, 2009 8:31:43 PM
I surely didn't know you could create a survey using Google Docs. Would be nice to embed that into a Joomla and Mambo Module. Thanks for the tip.
Posted by: RedHotFranchises | Jun 5, 2009 8:39:31 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for. The summary with the pie chart is a nice touch. Perfect if you are using this for clients. Thanks.
Posted by: Jodi Gaines | Jun 21, 2009 2:48:18 PM
Here's some more detail if you want it: http://bit.ly/docsforms
You can also embed these forms in a blog post easily...
Have fun!
Posted by: Manga | Dec 24, 2010 1:51:54 AM
Create your own survey for free on http://www.oursurvey.biz/en


No comments:

Post a Comment